By Lajos Kovács, Dezső Csupor, Gábor Lente, Tamás Gunda
A hundred Chemical Myths offers with well known but mostly unfaithful misconceptions and misunderstandings concerning chemistry. It comprises lucid and concise motives lower via fallacies and concrete legends which are universally correct to a world viewers. a variety of chemical myths are explored in those parts; foodstuff, medications, catastrophes, chemical compounds, and environmental difficulties. Connections to pop culture, literature, video clips, and cultural historical past carry the reader’s curiosity when key thoughts are fantastically annotated with illustrations to facilitate the certainty of unusual fabric. Chemical Myths Demystified is pitched to contributors with out a formal chemistry heritage to fledgling undergraduate chemists to professional researchers and past.
Read Online or Download 100 Chemical Myths: Misconceptions, Misunderstandings, Explanations PDF
Similar science books
Wondering relocating to mars?
Well, why now not? Mars, in any case, is the planet that holds the best promise for human colonization. yet why speculate in regards to the percentages for those who can get the genuine clinical scoop from anyone who's been fortunately residing and dealing there for years? immediately from the not-so-distant destiny, this intrepid pioneer's suggestions for actual, monetary, and social survival at the crimson Planet cover:
• tips to get to Mars (Cycling spacecraft provide reasonable rides, however the odor isn't for everybody. )
• making a choice on a spacesuit (The outdated yet trustworthy pneumatic Neil Armstrong sort as opposed to the smooth new--but anatomically unforgiving--elastic "skinsuit. ")
• identifying a habitat (Just like in the world: position, place, situation. )
• discovering a role that can pay good and doesn't kill you (This isn't really a metaphor on Mars. )
• how one can meet the other intercourse (Master greater than 40 Mars-centric pickup traces. )
With greater than twenty unique illustrations by way of Michael Carroll, Robert Murray, and different well known area artists, the way to continue to exist Mars seamlessly blends humor and genuine technology, and is a pragmatic and exhilarating consultant to existence on our first extraterrestrial domestic.
Quantum Physics For Dummies is helping make quantum physics comprehensible and available. From what quantum physics can do for the area to realizing hydrogen atoms, readers gets entire assurance of the topic, besides a variety of examples to aid them take on the cruel equations. suitable with lecture room textual content books and classes, Quantum Physics For Dummies shall we scholars learn at their very own paces and is helping them organize for graduate or specialist checks.
This long-awaited re-creation is helping scholars comprehend and resolve the advanced difficulties that natural chemists frequently face, utilizing a step by step process and approachable textual content. With solved and worked-through difficulties, the writer orients dialogue of every during the program of varied problem-solving suggestions.
New Fluorinated Carbons: basics and purposes is the second one quantity in Alain Tressaud’s development in Fluorine technological know-how sequence. This quantity offers an summary of state-of-the-art study and rising functions utilizing new fluorinated carbon fabrics resembling fullerenes, carbon nanotubes, polycyclic fragrant molecules, carbon nanofibers, and graphenes.
- Science Left Behind: Feel-Good Fallacies and the Rise of the Anti-Scientific Left
- Science is Golden
- Time Reborn: From the Crisis in Physics to the Future of the Universe
- Symbiotic Planet: A New Look at Evolution
- Chemical Fundamentals of Geology and Environmental Geoscience (3rd Edition)
- Progress in Ultrafast Intense Laser Science XI
Extra info for 100 Chemical Myths: Misconceptions, Misunderstandings, Explanations
5 Fat Matters: Margarine vs.
5 Fat Matters: Margarine vs.
G. 1 A Question for Eternity: Natural or Artificial Fertilizers? 3 Are Organic Vegetables More Nutritious than Others? 5 Fat Matters: Margarine vs.
100 Chemical Myths: Misconceptions, Misunderstandings, Explanations by Lajos Kovács, Dezső Csupor, Gábor Lente, Tamás Gunda